Minutes of Richards Castle (Herefordshire) Parish Council Meeting Held at the Village Hall at 7.30 Pm on Monday 27 July 2015
PRESENT Mr S Broom (Chairman); Mrs R Thomas (Vice Chairman); Mr K Butcher; Mr A Davies; Mr T Evans; Mr W Hall; and Mr P Owen.
IN ATTENDANCE Ward Cllr. S Bowen; and Mr R Hewitt, Clerk.
15/16 Apologies for absence – None.
15/17 Declarations of Interest and requests for Dispensation – The Vice Chairman declared a disclosable pecuniary interest in the contractor discussed under 15/22. Cllr. Hall declared a personal interest in the contractor discussed under 15/22. The meeting agreed to purchase a book to record declarations of interest.
15/18 Minutes of the annual meeting – The minutes of the annual meeting held on 18 May 2015 were approved and signed as a correct record.
15/19 Co-option of Parish Councillor – It was agreed to co-opt Mr Kevin Butcher to the parish council. Mr Butcher signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and joined the meeting.
15/20 To invite views and discussion from members of the parish – There were no members of the public present at the meeting.
15/21 Financial items
The meeting agreed that the Chairman, Vice Chairman, and Cllrs. Evans and Hall will be the signatories to the Barclays accounts. It was noted that the bank needs to verify the identity of existing signatories.
15/22 Chairman’s Items not of a Policy or Financial nature
The Chairman said that the Soap Box Derby held earlier in the month required the services of Roger Thomas to cut back hedges and clear the verges to make space for visitors to the event to park. Mr Thomas was able to provide the equipment to undertake the job.
15/23 Speeding in the parish
The parish council agreed to request white gates on the B4361 on either side of the village: by the Richards Castle village sign as you approach the village from Orleton; and by the first 40mph sign as you approach the village from Overton. The meeting agreed to request enforcement action from West Mercia Police via the Safer Roads Partnership.
15/24 Reports from parish councillor representatives
- a) PCC/ Church: The Vice Chairman reported Richards Castle will participate in holding Open Gardens in 2016, and there will be a fundraising concert in September 2015.
- b) Footpaths: Cllr. Evans reported that two minor bridges will be repaired/ replaced on RC1 and RC2.
- c) Lengthsman: Cllr. Hall reported that work will be undertaken shortly by Hitrees to spray the road at Springfield and Orchard Rise.
- d) Highways: Cllr. Owen said his report had been covered under 15/23.
The Vice Chairman kindly agreed to represent the parish council on the village hall committee.
15/25 Planning applications – None.
15/26 Neighbourhood Plan
- a) The Clerk reported that Groundworks has provided a grant of £5,297.00 to support the neighbourhood development plan. Data Orchard is putting together a report on the questionnaire completed in Spring 2015.
- b) The parish council noted Herefordshire Council’s consultation on the Local Development Framework.
15/27 Reports from Representatives who have attended meetings of other Organisations on behalf of the Parish Council and Herefordshire Councillor Report
Ward Cllr. Bowen said Herefordshire Council needed to find an additional £10 million in the next year. Children’s Safeguarding Services are making good progress. Adult Social Care supports 400 people. Parish councils are being urged to consider providing additional services through the precept. There will be a Saturday service on the 490 from September 2015. A review of smallholdings is underway.
15/28 Matters raised for next meeting (no discussion) – SID in the village.
15/29 The next meeting will be at 7.30pm on Monday, 21 September 2015. The meeting closed at 8.33pm.