Notice is hereby given of an Extraordinary Meeting of Richards Castle (Herefordshire) Parish Council at 7.30 pm on Wednesday 20 May 2020
THIS WILL BE AN ONLINE MEETING VIA ZOOM
Members of the public wishing to join the meeting should click on the following links:
7.30 pm: Join Zoom Meeting
8.10 pm: Join Zoom Meeting
1. Election of Vice Chairman
2. Apologies for absence
3. Co-opt one new member to the parish council
4. Declarations of Interest and Written Requests for Dispensation
Declaration of any disclosable pecuniary interest in a matter to be discussed at the meeting whether or not it is included in the register of interests. Members are reminded that they are required to leave the room during discussing and voting on matters in which they have a disclosable pecuniary interest whether or not the interest is entered into the register of members’ interests maintained by the Monitoring Officer.
5. Minutes of the previous meeting – 23 January 2020
6. Report from the Herefordshire Councillor for Bircher Ward
7. To invite views and discussion from members of the parish
200860 Castle Barn, Richards Castle, SY8 4ET – Conversion of existing outbuilding into ancillary annexe accommodation and occasional holiday let.
200649 and 200650 Cider Mill, Castle Road, Richards Castle, SY8 4EW – Removal of existing conservatory to be replaced by new single storey rear extension.
200689 The Old Chapel, Richards Castle, SY8 4EL – Variation of a condition 4 ref 192158/FH (Erection of detached building to be used as garage and ancillary accommodation.) Amend to allow for a short term holiday let.
Update on planning decisions by Herefordshire Council, including: 191749/TD5 Land to north of Westbrook House, Richards Castle – Application for Technical Details Consent for Permission in Principle application 183388 (Proposed residential development of land for 9no. dwellings, with associated hard and soft landscaping). To review decision by the planning authority and agree next steps.
9. Financial Items
a) To consider annual insurance renewal with Came & Co
b) To consider outstanding payments:
Came & Co, parish council insurance – £358.66
Hitrees, maintenance of footpath to village hall – £176.40
Eyelid Productions, annual website support – £100.00
The Clerk, wages/ PAYE January-March 2020 – £683.80
Herefordshire Council, uncontested election – £73.47
HALC, affiliation and subscription 2020-21 – 346.87
R Bayliss, footpaths maintenance – £206.02
D C Gardening Services, SID installation Jan. 2020 – £36.00
c) Implementation of electronic banking for payments
d) To ratify payments made by the Clerk under delegated powers
e) External Audit – review process and requirement to adopt accounts by 31st July 2020
10. Clerk’s Report
11. Consider Annual Maintenance Plan 2020-21, processes to manage ongoing work in light of Covid 19 guidance, and agree next steps
12. Reports from parish councillor representatives
a) Footpaths, including planning for Annual Maintenance Plan 2020-21
b) Lengthsman, including planning for Annual Maintenance Plan 2020-21
d) Good neighbour scheme
e) Village hall/ communications and PC reports
13. Report on meeting held with Balfour Beatty and West Mercia Police traffic management advisor and consider forming a working group to recommend road safety initiatives for the B4361 through Richards Castle village
14. Report on NDP review meetings held with Herefordshire Council and Chairman of Orleton Parish Council and agree next steps
15. Proposal to purchase 1 tonne of sandbags to store at the village hall
16. Proposal to highlight Balfour Beatty leaflet on ditch and drainage responsibilities of riparian owners
17. Fastershire ‘Keep Connected’ Grants – Review and agree next steps
18. Consider grant application to Police and Crime Commissioner to support local community groups which may need to purchase small items such as appropriate PPE (masks, gloves), ID badges, stationery etc.
19. Commission contractor to update website to be compliant with accessibility guidelines by September 2020
20. Review and consider update to the Clerk’s delegated powers in respect of:
a) Delegated powers to spend up to £1,000 between meetings when unforeseen circumstances occur;
b) Delegated powers to spend against specific items in the annual budget e.g. for environmental maintenance, hall hire, clerk’s salary, as identified in the budget when setting the precept; and
c) Delegated powers to comment on planning applications between meetings when unforeseen circumstances occur.
All actions implemented under delegated powers must be undertaken in consultation with the Chairman or Vice Chairman, or other councillor and be reported and recorded in the minutes of the next parish council meeting.
21. Matters raised for next meeting (no discussion)
22. Close meeting and date of next meeting
Chairman of the Parish Council
15 May 2020