Notice is hereby given that Richards Castle (Herefordshire) Parish Council will meet at 7.30 pm on Thursday 23 September 2021 at the Village Hall
PLEASE NOTE THE MEETING WILL BE HELD WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING AND FACE COVERINGS ARE RECOMMENDED
1. Apologies for absence
2. Co-opt one new member to the parish council
3. Declarations of Interest and Written Requests for Dispensation
Declaration of any disclosable pecuniary interest in a matter to be discussed at the meeting whether or not it is included in the register of interests. Members are reminded that they are required to leave the room during discussing and voting on matters in which they have a disclosable pecuniary interest whether or not the interest is entered into the register of members’ interests maintained by the Monitoring Officer.
4. Minutes of the previous meeting – 24 June 2021
5. Report from the Herefordshire Councillor for Bircher Ward
6. To invite views and discussion from members of the parish
211632 Field to north of Westbrook House, Richards Castle – Application for Technical Details Consent for proposed variation of condition 2 of planning permission 202751 to allow changes to plots 7, 8 and 9 for a double garage attached to the associated dwelling with a home office space in the garage roof space and a sun room added to the rear and minor changes to other plots. To consider amended and additional documents.
212945 19 Orchard Rise, Richards Castle, SY8 4EZ – Construction of concrete base and fire break, removal of hedgerow, installation of an oil tank and fencing to screen the oil tank and fire wall (part retrospective).
Update on planning decisions by Herefordshire Council.
8. Financial Items
Herefordshire Council, precept 2021-22 (part II) – £4,500.00
b) Payments to ratify:
DC Gardening Services, lengthsman – £420.00
Clerk, anti virus subscription (2 years) – £70.86
Clerk, purchase of large poppies – £60.00
The Clerk, wages July 2021 – £327.80
c) Payments to consider:
DC Gardening Services, lengthsman – £36.00
Castle Digging Solutions, footpath maintenance – £ tbc
Herefordshire Council, kissing gate – £422.51
The Clerk, wages August 2021 – £327.80
The Clerk, wages September 2021 – £328.00
HMRC, PAYE for period to 5 October 2021 – £245.80
9. Speeding on B4361 through Village – Proposal to demand action from the Police Commissioner and the highway authority and to take accurate measurements of current speeds.
10. Highway improvements on B4361 – Report on meeting with the highway authority and agree next steps.
11. SIDs – Update on retrofit of SIDs, review of socket specifications, consider comments of highway authority and agree next steps.
12. Footpaths, including proposal to sell the parish council strimmer and attachments.
13. Lengthsman/ highways, including review of single cut of verges in 2021, review of information leaflets on riparian owner and ditch drainage responsibilities from the highway authority, and agree next steps.
14. Remembrance Sunday 2021 – Plan for deployment of large poppies and agree next steps.
15. Consider member request for a six month leave of absence
16. Schedule of meetings, 2021-22 – To review proposed schedule and confirm date of joint annual parish meeting.
17. Review HALC training schedule and agree next steps
18. Community communications – Review of areas to address
19. Matters raised for next meeting (no discussion)
20. Close meeting and date of next meeting
Clerk to the Parish Council
19 September 2021