RICHARDS CASTLE WANTS ACTION FROM HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCIL TO BRING THE ROADS UP TO SCRATCH

Eighty percent of people living in the parish of Richards Castle (based on a population of 250 highlighted in the 2011 census) have signed a petition to demand respectfully that Herefordshire Council brings the roads in the parish up to an acceptable standard.

The petition was presented to the Chairman of Herefordshire Council, Mr Brian Wilcox, on the steps of the Shirehall on Friday 13 October 2017 by a delegation of Richards Castle parish councillors supported by Ward Councillor Sebastian Bowen (Bircher).

Hereford Times was also in attendance and an article and accompanying pictures appeared on their website that day (and can still be viewed by clicking here).

The full statement issued by the parish council on the petition is available to download – Statement on Highways Petition.

***

For information, contact:
The Clerk, Richards Castle Parish Council

Agenda – Richards Castle (Hereford) PC – Thursday 12 October 2017

Notice is hereby given that the next Meeting of Richards Castle (Herefordshire) Parish Council will be at 7.30 pm on Thursday 12 October 2017 at the Village Hall

1. Election of Chairman

2. Apologies for absence

3. Co-opt two new members to the parish council

4. Declarations of Interest and Written Requests for Dispensation
[Declaration of any disclosable pecuniary interest in a matter to be discussed at the meeting whether or not it is included in the register of interests. Members are reminded that they are required to leave the room during discussing and voting on matters in which they have a disclosable pecuniary interest whether or not the interest is entered into the register of members’ interests maintained by the Monitoring Officer.]

5. Minutes of the previous meetings – 27 July and 19 September 2017

6. Local policing – Area Ambassador for the Police and Crime Commissioner.

7. Report from the Herefordshire Councillor for Bircher Ward

8. To invite views and discussion from members of the parish

9. Planning
173539 and 173538 Old Church Cottage, Castle Road, Richards Castle, SY8 4ET. Proposed demolition of garage, erection of detached single storey structure containing bedroom with en suite and erection of single storey porch.

Update on planning decisions/ enforcement by Herefordshire Council.

10. Financial Items
a) Payments to approve:
R Bayliss, footpaths maintenance – £ tbc
Hitrees, lengthsman – £ tbc
b) To consider new quotation for two planters to locate at the entrance to the village.
c) To consider quotation for village signs.
d) To review the cost of purchasing a gavel for parish council meetings.

11. Review HALC training schedule

12. New signpost/ fingerposts at Rock crossroads

13. Presentation of Balfour Beatty petition and media planning

14. Reports from parish councillor representatives
a) Parochial Church Council
b) Footpaths
c) Lengthsman
d) Highways
e) Village Hall

15. Parish council communications, including ‘Parish Council News’ articles

16. Consider Herefordshire Council’s Rights of Way Improvement Plan

17. Clerk’s Report

18. Matters raised for next meeting (no discussion)

19. Close meeting and date of next meeting

Clerk to the Parish Council
Tel: 07963 845358
Email: clerk.richardscastle.hfd.pc@gmail.com
8 October 2017

Agenda – Richards Castle (Hereford) PC – Tuesday 19 September

Notice is hereby given that Richards Castle (Herefordshire) Parish Council will hold an Extraordinary Meeting at 6.30pm on Tuesday 19 September 2017 in the Jubilee Room at the Village Hall.

1. Apologies for absence

2. Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensation
[Declaration of any disclosable pecuniary interest in a matter to be discussed at the meeting whether or not it is included in the register of interests. Members are reminded that they are required to leave the room during discussing and voting on matters in which they have a disclosable pecuniary interest whether or not the interest is entered into the register of members’ interests maintained by the Monitoring Officer.]

3. To invite views and discussion from members of the parish

4. Planning
172770 Barns at Court House Farm, Castle Road, Richards Castle, SY8 4EW – Demolition of existing portal steel framed buildings and conversion of two existing historic Dutch barns to form three number holiday letting accommodation and dwelling units to enable farm diversification and meet local-need.

172996 The Forge Richards Castle Ludlow Herefordshire SY8 4EL – Removal of condition 1 of NW/2003/1223/F to enable The Forge and the adjacent Philscott to be sold separately.

5. Financial Items:
a) Payments for approval:
Boy Thorne Garden Services, churchyard maintenance – £287.00
The Clerk, wages July-September 2017 – £326.61
HMRC, PAYE Q2, 2017-18 – £81.60
b) Data protection registration with the ICO

6. Close meeting

Peter Owen, Vice Chairman
14 September 2017

Draft Minutes of meeting held 27 July 2017

MINUTES OF RICHARDS CASTLE (HEREFORDSHIRE) PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD AT THE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30 PM ON THURSDAY 27 JULY 2017

PRESENT Mr P Owen (Vice Chairman); Ms L Munn; Mr A Davies; Mr S Greetham; and Mr R Alden.

IN ATTENDANCE Ward Cllr. S Bowen; and Mr R Hewitt, Clerk. There were one member of the public present.

17/40 Apologies for absence – The resignation of Mr S Broom was noted. It was agreed to thank Mr Broom for his exemplary commitment and long service as a councillor.

17/41 Co-opt one new member – Postponed to the next meeting.

17/42 Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensation – Cllr. Alden declared a disclosable pecuniary interest in planning applications 171880 Land at Spout House Field.

17/43 Minutes of the previous meeting – The minutes of the annual meeting held on 25 May 2017 were approved and signed as a correct record.

17/44 Report from Herefordshire Councillor for Bircher Ward – Ward Cllr. Bowen said Shropshire Housing and Herefordshire Housing are to merge: The new organisation will be called ConnectUs.

Potholes have been marked up by the locality steward for repair. The £8 million award from the legal case is being held in an escrow account. A further £8 million may be provided by government for the county’s highways. The roads minister, is being lobbied to allocate more funding from vehicle taxes.

There are changes to the cabinet, and there will be two by-elections for ward councillors in the county. The new link road from Aylestone Hill to Edgar Street is likely to be completed by the end of the year. The road will open new land for development, including the canal, which could be redeveloped and form the centre of a new tourist attraction.

A number of tenants have raised some issues with regard to the sale of the county smallholdings. However, there is very little information forthcoming. The county smallholdings are expected to raise £30-50 million, and Ward Cllr. Bowen said this should be used to build an asset for future revenues., for example student accommodation which provides a regular income.

The Police and Crime Commissioner has proposed adding the fire service to his responsibilities. This is the subject of a spotlight review by the general scrutiny committee. Ultimately, a decision on the proposal may need to be made by the minister.

17/45 To invite views and discussion from members of the parish – There were no matters raised.

17/46 Planning
[Cllr. Alden left the meeting.]

171880 Land at Spout House Field, Richards Castle, SY8 4EW. Variation of condition 2 ref 170647/F Erection of 4 dwellings – amended plans. There was no objection to the proposed variation of condition.
[Cllr. Alden rejoined the meeting.]

Update on planning decisions by Herefordshire Council – There were no decisions to report.

17/47 Financial Items
a) The following payments were agreed: Eyelid Productions, website training (£60.00); the Clerk, wages April-June 2017 (£326.61); HMRC, PAYE Quarter 1, 2017-18 – £81.60; HALC, website hosting (£24.00); and R Bayliss, footpaths maintenance (£174.74).
b) To appoint enhanced lengthsman contractor for the repair of minor potholes – The meeting agreed to appoint R Mills, and a contract was signed by the vice chairman on behalf of the parish council.
c) To consider quotation for two new planters to locate at the entrance to the village – The meeting agreed to purchase two planters at a cost of £20.50 each, subject to confirmation of the regulations regarding the siting of planters at the side of the highway from Balfour Beatty. Once the necessary permissions are in place, a note will be placed in Castle News.
d) Agree date and cost of HALC training session – The agreed date for the training was 19 September 2017, and the cost will be £150.00 +VAT (mileage will be charged in addition).

17/48 Broadband at Richards Castle – There was a report on the Fastershire broadband briefing held on 19 June 2017. Herefordshire Council have signed a new agreement with a company called Gigaclear, to provide fast broadband to 6,500 properties that missed out on the first roll-out by BT. The website www.fastershire.com has information on which properties are included in the Gigaclear contract.

17/49 New code of conduct – The parish council agreed to adopt the new code of conduct proposed by Herefordshire Council.

17/50 Quotation for village sign and signpost/ fingerposts at Rock crossroads – The Clerk reported that a quotation for the village signs will be undertaken by a senior engineer at Balfour Beatty, and the Rock crossroads signpost will be looked at by the locality steward.

17/51 Joint Annual Parish Meeting, May 2018 – The meeting agreed to set the date for the next joint annual parish meeting, which will be held on 22 May 2018.

17/52 Neighbourhood Development Plan – The referendum on 13 July 2017 supported the proposed adoption of the neighbourhood development plan by Herefordshire Council. The neighbourhood development plan will now be adopted formally, which means it will inform planning decisions made by Herefordshire Council.

The Steering Group was thanked for the time and work that was required to realise the plan. It was agreed to write to the steering group members to thank them personally. As the steering group has achieved its objective, the parish council agreed that it should be dissolved with immediate effect.

17/53 Highways Petition – Councillors reported obtaining about 200 signatures in support of the petition. It was agreed to present the petition at the next full meeting of Herefordshire Council on 13 October 2017, and to invite members of the public to join the presentation via Castle News.

17/54 Reports from parish councillor representatives
a) Parochial Church Council (PCC): Cllr. Munn reported that the PCC did not think there was a parish council representative to the PCC, and did not see the need for such a role. In light of this, it was agreed that the role is to be the point of contact for the PCC to engage with the parish council.
b) Neighbourhood Plan: The report was provided under 17/52 above. It was agreed that a neighbourhood plan representative was no longer required as the steering group has been disbanded.
c) Footpaths: Cllr. Alden said the bridleway has been opened. The gate was provided to the landowner by Balfour Beatty. Landowners are being asked to contribute towards the cost of installing stiles on their land.
d) Lengthsman: Cllr. Greetham said the lengthsman is doing some general maintenance, including spraying of weeds. A note will be placed in Castle News to make people aware of the plans to replace the tree on the green at the top of Orchard Rise with a more vigorous specimen.
e) Highways: The report was provided under 17/53 above. Cllr. Greetham said he has been in contact with the locality steward regarding defects on the local roads.
f) Village hall: There was no report.

17/55 Representative roles and website updates – Cllr. Owen kindly agreed to be the village hall representative following the resignation of Mr Broom. Following training at Eyelid Productions, new postings to the parish council website will be sent to every subscriber.

17/56 Parish council communications – It was agreed to publish a short overview in Castle News after each full parish council meeting. Each overview will be drafted by an individual councillor, and the article will be fact checked by the Clerk before it is submitted to Castle News.

17/57 Herefordshire Council’s Budget Priorities consultation – Noted.

17/58 Rural Areas Site Allocations Development Plan Document – Issues and Options Consultation – Noted.

17/59 Clerk’s Report – The poorly positioned SID deployed in July2017 will not be charged to the parish council as the deployment was not requested. The Herefordshire area ambassador for the Police and Crime Commissioner has agreed to attend the next meeting on 12 October 2017. Electoral Services has been informed of the co-option of L Munn to the parish council.

17/60 Matters raised for next meeting (no discussion) – None.

17/61 The next meeting will be on Thursday 12 October 2017. The meeting closed at 9.45pm.

Agenda – 27 July 2017 – Richards Castle (Hereford) PC

Notice is hereby given that the next Meeting of Richards Castle (Herefordshire) Parish Council will be at 7.30pm on Thursday 27 July 2017 at the Village Hall

1. Apologies for absence

2. Co-opt one new member to the parish council

3. Declarations of Interest and Written Requests for Dispensation
[Declaration of any disclosable pecuniary interest in a matter to be discussed at the meeting whether or not it is included in the register of interests. Members are reminded that they are required to leave the room during discussing and voting on matters in which they have a disclosable pecuniary interest whether or not the interest is entered into the register of members’ interests maintained by the Monitoring Officer.]

4. Minutes of the previous meeting – 25 May 2017

5. Report from the Herefordshire Councillor for Bircher Ward

6. To invite views and discussion from members of the parish

7. Planning
171880 Land at Spout House Field, Richards Castle, SY8 4EW.  Variation of condition 2 ref 170647/F Erection of 4 dwellings – amended plans.
Update on planning decisions/ enforcement by Herefordshire Council

8. Financial Items
a) Payments to approve:
Eyelid Productions, website training – £60.00
The Clerk, wages April-June 2017 – £326.61
Clerk – HMRC, PAYE Q1, 2017-18 – £81.60
HALC, website hosting – £24.00
R Bayliss, footpaths maintenance – £ tbc
Hitrees, lengthsman – £ tbc
b) To appoint enhanced lengthsman contractor for the repair of minor potholes
c) To consider quotation for two new planters to locate at the entrance to the village
d) Agree date and cost of HALC training session

9. Broadband at Richards Castle

10. Consider adoption of new code of conduct

11. Update on request for quotation from Balfour Beatty for village sign and signpost/ fingerposts at Rock crossroads

12. Consider request to agree date for the joint Annual Parish Meeting in May 2018

13. Neighbourhood Development Plan – review referendum and consider future role for steering group

14. Review Balfour Beatty petition and agree next steps

15. Reports from parish councillor representatives
a) Parochial Church Council
b) Neighbourhood Development Plan
c) Footpaths
d) Lengthsman
e) Highways
f) Village Hall

16. Review parish council representative roles and website updates

17. Parish council communications

18. Consider Herefordshire Council’s Budget Priorities consultation

19. Rural Areas Site Allocations Development Plan Document – Issues and Options Consultation

20. Clerk’s Report

21. Matters raised for next meeting (no discussion)

22. Close meeting and date of next meeting

Clerk to the Parish Council
Tel: 07963 845358
Email: clerk.richardscastle.hfd.pc@gmail.com
23 July 2017

Referendum Notice of Poll

Orleton and Richards Castle (Herefordshire) Neighbourhood Planning Referendum

NOTICE OF POLL

Notice is hereby given that:

A POLL for the above election will be held on Thursday, 13th July 2017 between the hours of 07:00am and 10:00pm to decide on the question below:

Do you want Herefordshire Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Orleton and Richards Castle (Herefordshire) to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?

The situation of the Polling Stations is set out below:

Orleton Village Hall (Small Hall), Millbrook Way, Orleton, Ludlow, SY8 4HW

Richards Castle Village Hall, Richards Castle, Ludlow, SY8 4EQ

To see the complete Notice of Poll, please click here – NOP_ORLETON_RICHARDS_CASTLE.

Notice of Referendum

Referendum on the adoption of the Orleton and Richards Castle (Herefordshire) Neighbourhood Plan

A referendum will be held on Thursday, 13th July 2017 to decide on the question below:

Do you want Herefordshire Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Orleton and Richards Castle (Herefordshire) to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?’

The Notice of Referendum is available to download here – Notice of Referendum.  The neighbourhood development plan can be found at Orleton and Richards Castle NDP and Herefordshire Council – Orleton and Richards Castle NDP.

Referendum – Thursday, 13 July 2017

The date for the referendum on the Orleton and Richards Castle Neighbourhood Development Plan will be on Thursday 13 July 2017.  Everyone who is registered on the electoral roll will receive a polling card from Electoral Services, Herefordshire Council.

Please use your vote.  A simple majority will mean the plan is adopted by Herefordshire Council.