Notice is hereby given that the next Meeting of Richards Castle (Herefordshire) Parish Council will be at 7.30pm on Thursday 25 January 2018 at the Village Hall.
1. Apologies for absence
2. Co-opt two new members to the parish council
3. Declarations of Interest and Written Requests for Dispensation.
[Declaration of any disclosable pecuniary interest in a matter to be discussed at the meeting whether or not it is included in the register of interests. Members are reminded that they are required to leave the room during discussing and voting on matters in which they have a disclosable pecuniary interest whether or not the interest is entered into the register of members’ interests maintained by the Monitoring Officer.]
4. Minutes of the previous meeting – 23 November 2017.
5. Maintenance of roads and community commissioning – attended by Councillor B. Durkin, Cabinet Member, Transport and Regulatory; and Head of Highways and Community Services.
6. Crime reduction measures, including ‘Stop that Thief’ – attended by the Rural Crime Prevention Officer, West Mercia Police.
7. Report from the Herefordshire Councillor for Bircher Ward
8. To invite views and discussion from members of the parish
174428 Bank Cottage, Richards Castle, SY8 4EL – Proposed extension and alterations to dwelling and annex.
Update on planning decisions/ enforcement by Herefordshire Council.
10. Financial Items
a) Payments to approve:
Clerk, defibrillator pads – £40.08;
Morelock Signs Ltd, village signs (x2) – £81.70;
Herefordshire Council, 490 bus service – £750.00;
R Mills, enhanced lengthsman (potholes) – £451.50;
Hitrees, plant new tree at Orchard Rise – £120.00;
R Bayliss, footpaths maintenance – £ tbc;
b) Review Expression of Interest in lengthsman and P3 footpaths schemes, 2018-19.
c) Consider cost of ‘Woodhouse Lane’ signs (x2) for Rock crossroads signpost.
d) Review additional advice from HALC re: transparency code grant application.
e) External auditor appointment for financial year 2017-18.
11. Proposed event to mark the planting of the new tree at Orchard Rise
12. Annual Parish Meeting, 22 May 2018 – Plan meeting, including proposals to encourage members of the public to participate.
13. Grit bins, snow, and advice from Balfour Beatty.
14. Measures to reduce speeding through village – Review outcome of meeting with traffic management advisor, West Mercia Police.
15. Reports from parish councillor representatives:
a) Parochial Church Council;
e) Village Hall.
16. Consider consultation on Wigmore Group neighbourhood development plan (Regulation 14)
17. Consider proposal to increase the frequency of parish council meetings
18. Clerk’s Report
19. Matters raised for next meeting (no discussion)
20. Close meeting and date of next meeting.
Clerk to the Parish Council
Tel: 07963 845358
21 January 2018